Copyright of The Owl Teacher/Tammy DeShaw from 2014 to current. All rights reserved by author. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Tammy DeShaw and The Owl Teacher with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice
If you believe that content available by means of the Site (as defined in our Terms of Service above) infringes one or more of your copyrights, please notify us by means of an emailed notice (“Infringement Notice”) providing the information described below to the email address listed below. If The Owl Teacher takes action in response to an Infringement Notice, it will make a good faith attempt to contact the party that made such content available by means of the most recent email address, if any, provided by such party. Please be advised that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that a product or activity is infringing your copyrights. Thus, if you are not sure content located on or linked-to by the Site infringes your copyright, you should consider first contacting an attorney.
All Infringement Notices need to be sent to email@example.com as plain text emails without attachments and include the following or they will be deemed invalid:
* An electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf;
* An identification of the copyright claimed to have been infringed;
* A description of the nature and exact location of the content that you claim to infringe your copyright, in sufficient detail to permit The Owl Teacher to find and positively identify that content;
* Your name, address, telephone number and email address; and
* A statement by you: (a) that you believe in good faith that the use of the content that you claim to infringe your copyright is not authorized by law, or by the copyright owner or such owner’s agent; and (b) under penalty of perjury, that all of the information contained in your Infringement Notice is accurate, and that you are either the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf.
If a DMCA notice is valid, we are required by law to respond to it by disabling access to the allegedly infringing content. If you are a contributor of Content and access to portions of your Content have been disabled for this reason, we will notify you. You then have the option to send us a counter-notice stating why your Content does not infringe copyrights and asking for access to be reinstated. Counter notices need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org as plain text emails without attachments and include the following or they will be deemed invalid:
* Your name, address, phone number and physical or electronic signature;
* Identification of the allegedly infringing content and its location before disabling access; and
* A statement under penalty of perjury explaining why the content was removed by mistake or misidentification.
Free Products & Resources – Copyrights
Any free products/resources (including newsletter freebies) are to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All free products/resources are intended for classroom and personal use ONLY. I love it when you share my products with your colleagues but please do so legally! Please direct them to my website to download it themselves or to sign up for the newsletter. Thank you!
When subscribing to my mailing list, you are asked to provide your email address. I will never use this email address for anything other than sending my newsletter. I will not share it with any third party. I may collect also your email address when you enter a contest or giveaway on this site, however it will be clearly stated.
Third Party Disclosure
I do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information to outside parties unless you give your authorization to do so. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist me in operating our website, conducting my business, or servicing you, providing that those parties agree to keep this information confidential. I may also release your information when I believe doing so is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce my site policies, or protect my rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other purposes.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act sets the rules for commercial email by establishing requirements for commercial messages, giving recipients the right to stop emails from being sent to them, and clearly indicating the penalties for any such violation.
I collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and other requests or questions;
- Market to my mailing list and/or continue to send emails to my customers after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CAN SPAM I agree to:
- I will not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses;
- Identify the message as an advertisement in a clear and reasonable way;
- Include the physical address of our business;
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used;
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests as quickly as possible;
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using a link at the bottom of every email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from my mailing list, please contact me.
Contests & Surveys
From time-to-time I will request information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and email) and demographic information. Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
My policies may change and be updated from time to time. All updates will be posted to their appropriate policy page.